For the first time ever, a Woodward Mountain Park is coming to the bird.
Snowbird Resort announced yesterday that a Woodward Mountain Park will be added off the Baldy Express chairlift in Mineral Basin this Spring. The terrain park, which is projected to open on April 14th, will have small to medium-sized features. The build will be a collaboration between the Woodward Global Mountain Park teams, Snow Park Technologies, and Effective Edge.
“As part of the POWDR family, this collaboration between Snowbird and Woodward has been a long time coming—bringing together not only our unique and beloved brands but also our employees and their expertise,” said Snowbird President and General Manager Dave Fields. “We are proud and excited to offer a dynamic new way for Snowbird guests to explore and enjoy the mountain this spring.”
Here’s what the projected Woodward Mountain Park schedule will be:
- April 14: Woodward Mountain Park opens in Mineral Basin.
- April 15: Woodward Mountain Park Opening Party, featuring a DJ, swag giveaways, and more.
- May 2-6: Woodward Peace Park Championships—an invite-only event hosted by Danny Davis—takes place, bringing some of the world’s best snowboard athletes to Snowbird. Spectating is encouraged via “The Beach” off of Baldy Express.
- May 6: Peace Park for the People – Come ski or ride the championship course with Danny Davis and friends.
- May 7: Tentative closing date.
Snowbird will have daily skiing and riding through May 14th. They will then operate during weekends and holidays through Memorial Day, and then reassess week by week to see how far they can go into the summer.
Image/Video Credits: Snowbird Resort