We are excited to announce that FREESKIER is on the hunt for a motivated, talented individual to join the editorial team—and we’re filling the position ASAP. Here’s your chance to score a dream job at a growing company in the greatest industry in the world: skiing.
Editorial position available
FREESKIER is looking for an Assistant Editor to help bolster its print publications, website, e-newsletter, social media and custom platforms. As a member of the edit team, you will be responsible for producing/editing content for the magazine; championing development of, and posting content to the brand’s website; assisting with production of weekly e-newsletters; working alongside the editorial team to grow and strengthen FREESKIER’s voice across all platforms (online, social and print); and working with our sales & marketing team to develop custom projects for clients.
We’re looking for a smart, hungry, nerdy skiing-enthusiast to join our team. If you’re obsessed with the media realm and find yourself to be supremely in-tune with the world of freeskiing, we want to hear from you.
Job responsibilities include…
- Post regular articles to freeskier.com: gear reviews & roundups, news, profiles, destination pieces, videos, etc.
- Write and edit copy for FREESKIER magazine
- Assist in managing workflow for contributing (non-staff) writers & photographers, etc.
- Help to produce the weekly e-newsletters; work with sales & marketing team to execute custom newsletter content & promotions
- Analyzing website traffic, social statistics, e-newsletter data and other digital properties to optimize channels for engagement/traffic. Reporting digital analytics, website updates and digital developments to Digital Media Director, Editor-In-Chief and staff on a regular schedule
- Work hand-in-hand with editorial staff to ensure smooth content flow through social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Assist the editorial staff in other web-related tasks
- Travel to cover trade shows, ski tests, competitions, destinations, etc.
- Work with our sales team to develop custom projects
- Must have a passion for skiing and deep knowledge of the sport
- Must be a strong writer, with a proven background or formal training in writing (clips required)
- Must have experience developing and editing high-quality written materials
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have proven ability to develop creative, strategic digital solutions
- Must have experience conducting interviews—in-person and over-the-phone—for inclusion in content.
- Must be in-tune with digital initiatives of both endemic and non-endemic media and brands
- Must have experience with WordPress or similar content management system
- Must have basic understanding of HTML
- Must have experience with the professional use of digital & social media channels
- Must have experience with Photoshop or other graphics suite; ability to design & create basic graphics
- Must be supremely organized
- Must want to work with a dedicated team in a fast-paced environment
- Must have strong attention to detail, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be self-motivated and versatile, with careful attention to detail as well as sensitivity to planning, deadlines and changing demands
Nice to have:
- Journalism background
- Photography/filming/editing experience
- PhD in neuro-science
- Commensurate with experience; salary ranges available spanning entry-level up to 2-4 years of experience
- Hours: 40+ hours a week, full-time
- Location: Storm Mountain Publishing office, just outside of Boulder, CO
How to apply:
E-mail your resume, cover letter, clips and answer to the following questions to [email protected]. Be sure to put the words “Edit Team” somewhere in the subject line of your e-mail. Please, no phone calls. We will follow up with you individually via email.
Questions (to prove you’re not a robot):
- Name three athletes on the Faction team.
- Name the four mountains that comprise Aspen Snowmass.
- Name the essential tools (a minimum of three) for safe backcountry travel and skiing.
FREESKIER was founded in 1997 by skiers who recognized that skiing was about to embark on a radical evolution and needed a new generation of media to tell that story. Today, FREESKIER is not only a leader in ski print media, but also in the digital realm. FREESKIER’s website and social media initiatives lead the industry in engagement, participation and content dissemination. We are located just outside of Boulder, Colorado.
This article was originally published by Freeskier.com. Read the original article here.